Thursday, April 7, 2011

DIY Headboard

Hello, lovelies!

It's a dreary day here in Dallas. The usual bright blue sky is looking pretty white and dreary, which totally foils my plans of making the most of my morning. Instead, I have decided to lounge a little longer. Days like this are perfect for that.

And on that note, the hubs and I have been sleeping quite well lately, thanks to our new headboard. Isn't there something so lovely about new 'bed-stuffs'? To know me, is to know that I need no excuse for slumber. This isn't helping any. Ha!

We made this headboard for about $62. It was simple to make and the end result is really charming. Please forgive the sorry photos. My photography skills are a work-in-progress.

Supplies:
Cheap plywood from Home Depot
Nail gun
Foam/chair pad stuff (technical term)
Fabric
Picture hanger/thingy (Also, technical term)
Brass nail head tacks (11 boxes, at least)
Hammer

DSC_0304

DSC_0303

Attach picture hanger-thing:

DSC_0323

Take down your $10 shower curtain because it's cute and cheap and you can buy another one:

DSC_0295

Stuff, staple, and look at the cute Beagle:

DSC_0330

Place nail head tacks in the foam (no hammer required) and hang on the wall. Admire the awesomeness and go have some wine! (That's what I did.) Sorry for the crap lighting.

DSC_0370

Close up: Ignore droopy flower.

DSC_0377

No comments:

Post a Comment